To receive the full benefit of the ideas expressed and practices encouraged in Little Ways of Being™ it helps to understand the core teachings on which the system is based. These foundational understandings inform the teaching of Little Ways of Being™, insure the long-term benefits of the practices, and serve as guideposts for the practitioner.
These premises stem from my lifelong practice and study of Bhakti from the Vedas and all the world traditions.
- We are spiritual beings
- We have relationships with each other and the Divine
- Spiritual, or enduring, relationships are based on Unconditional Love
- Our ultimate happiness is in expressing and receiving Unconditional Love
- Through Bhakti (unconditional love) we find our purpose, identity, and happiness
- Bhakti is achieved through
- living a heart-centered life by connecting with our Self
- daily thoughts, meditations, and acts of devotion for God
- mastering Unconditional Love with our Self and each other